Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I love dogs. Love 'em. No joke.

Okay, given the recent, um, "troubles" I've had with my dogs, I thought I would remind myself why I LOVE being a pet owner.  So here's my list:

THE TOP 5 REASONS I LOVE HAVING DOGS

1.  If someone in the room farts, there's no need to peer around in uncomfortable silence. We just blame the stench on the dog, have a good laugh, and move on. 

2.  I can always count on being awakened at some point during the bright, beautiful hour of 5:00 AM by a furry snout in the face.  That would be Bruiser, whose delicate bladder needs to be tended to first thing.

3.  My dogs can leap higher than a five-year-old child is tall.  It never ceases to provide entertainment, especially when unsuspecting visitors pop by.

4.  Bella does backflips.  Need I say more?  Or shall I say did backflips.  I believe she's now a retired gymnast, but it's still just as cool, right?

5.  Unlike children or husbands, when dogs are sick, you simply place them in the backyard and let them deal with it however they know how to. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but feel that number 5 is a dig at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT??? Absolutely not! It was me thinking about what I would do with a child who had lice (shudder). At least with a dog you can put it outside. What a horrible thing to assume.

    ReplyDelete