Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

I'm at a loss for words today, because everything that I could say would be extraordinarily cheesy. It's Easter, and I'm humbled by what Jesus did for us, and also by the lessons God is teaching me right now. Ever look at an issue and think, "I have absolutely never struggled with that."? Interestingly enough, that may be the very thing you need to re-check in your own life.

I've never thought I had an issue with pride, especially because I tend swing a little to the side of low self-esteem. But recently Nate told me he thought I might just need to check for it, to which I replied, "Seriously? Of all the things I need to examine, that's probably not the one. Are you sure God told you that?"

Well, I got moved to a spot that was very humiliating to me, and instantly I thought, "There's no way I can do that. What will people think? They'll know that I got demoted and I will be embarrassed in front of everyone."

Oh there's that pride thing.  Ouch. And on top of that, I was wrong about something (shhhhhh, don't tell...). So I recognized the problem and am dealing with it, but wow, was I surprised. Thank goodness God cares enough to show us those things so they don't continue to multiply in our lives, right?

Anyway, He is at work always, and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. In the last few months, He has changed everything, bringing the things I thought could never be whole back to life.
Happy Easter. I hope He's raising the dead in your life like he's done in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment