Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a punny morning

As previously discussed, I am a school nerd extraordinaire, which means I love school things... This week one of our literary vocabulary words is "pun" (play on words), which could basically be considered a corny joke. That said, I gave them the opportunity to earn bonus points by bringing in examples of puns, which we're hanging up in the classroom and I'm laughing at daily. So here are a few of my favorites:

The only similarity between Bible days and the 70's is that both were filled with people getting stoned.

I used to be a velcro salesman... but couldn't stick with it.

Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.

My favorite rapper is the Easter Bunny. He's really into hip-hop.

Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

What did the grape say when it got stepped on? Nothing. It just let out a little wine.

And my personal favorite...
What did the fish say when it ran into the cement wall? DAM.


And this is why I'm a high school teacher - I'm as corny as they come! Seriously, though, on a rainy Thursday, every little bit of laughter counts.

1 comment:

  1. Why did Piglet peer into the toilet?
    He was looking for Pooh.

    ReplyDelete