Friday, January 8, 2016

One of those days

For some reason, no matter how many times I heard that every child is different, I certainly thought that we could parent both of our little people fairly the same. Like maybe that saying just wouldn't apply to us...

Right. From the very beginning, Lucy has shown us that she is her very own little passionate person, and that all the strategies that would work for laid-back Milo would be completely wasted on her. And I adore her personality and who she is, so I'm willing to adjust.

I will say this, though. Lucy is as passionately sick as she is anything else, and that's one transition I don't handle as well. We try to go as natural as possible and administer as little medicine as possible (Milo has literally never had antibiotics, Motrin, Tylenol, etc.). But Lucy Jane. If my sweet girl is going to run a fever, she's going to do it up right and run a HIGH fever the whole time. Since her incident last year, I just pull out the Motrin or Tylenol by the time she hits 100 degrees. She scared the bajeebas out of me this morning around 3 a.m. when she came out crying with a 103 fever. Let's just say neither of us got very much sleep last night...

All this to say, hi, I'm tired, and I haven't blogged much this week because my little people aren't well, and I hate that more than most things. But we're all in for a day of rest tomorrow, and hopefully it makes all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment