Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Coffee and yarn

It is 100% knitting weather, and if you know me, you know that I have become a super old soul. I adore knitting and crocheting, and would rather do those things than most other things. I think I have literally dreamed of getting a babysitter and going to a coffee shop or hiding away and just knitting to my heart's content. I, in fact, follow a few knitting blogs and such, and find myself wishing I could be like these people, just knitting and sipping coffee all day long.

Yeah right. You do know I have little people, right? Knitting all day is not. going. to. happen. There is simply too much to be done, and after an hour or so, I start to feel guilty. Besides that, after an hour or so, I start being used as a jungle gym and I get tired of prying my yarn out of tiny curious fingers.

All of this seemed like a bad thing, but after pondering it for a while, I realized that I would rather chase these people around and cook meals and clean up and read children's books and teach home school than knit for a job. I just knit because I like it, and I want to keep it that way. Any time I've tried to make it my "business," I've ended up feeling exhausted. Knitting is my stress-relief, and you can't put a price on that.

But that doesn't mean I can't leave you with a little knitspiration.

Happy Wednesday!

That cowl! Seed stitch and colors.:
FYI: NOT my legs. This is an image from one of my favorite knitters. Check out her etsy store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment