Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Knight

So let me tell you how my night ended up. I never slept. No joke. And I'm not exaggerating, meaning that I slept for just an hour or two, so that doesn't count. No. I mean that when the alarm went off this morning, I was still awake. My body felt like it had been hit by a truck, I was throwing up, and had a massive headache. I literally sat in the recliner when Nate left for work and cried. I had every intention of praying until Milo got up, but all I could muster was something like this, "Father, I have no idea what to do. I need you to help me somehow. I don't even know how."

An hour later, Milo and I were snuggling in the chair and we heard the garage door. Milo told me, "Mommy, I think that's Daddy." Sure enough, Nate walked through the door a minute later (and thank goodness, because how creepy would it have been had someone else been coming in my garage????). He was home for the day to take care of Milo and I (Milo's been feeling yucky for several days now), and I burst into tears immediately. He gave us breakfast, sent me back to bed (where I finally slept for 3 1/2 hours), and tucked in with Milo for the day. When I got up, he had me make a grocery list and he went to the store for me (if you know how much Nate hates the grocery store, you probably have an inkling of how much he loves me to do this).

Don't ever tell me that knights in shining armor don't exist anymore. I live with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment