Friday, April 5, 2013

Milo moments

We just turned Milo's bed this week so he has the little opening to get out on his own. I thought it would be a disaster, but so far, I only have to threaten him with a spanking and he sticks tight. That doesn't mean he goes right to sleep at night, but at least he's not prancing around the house with his hands on his hips as much as I'd imagined... He usually wakes up with something fun to say, though. Like, the other night, when he first figured out he could come out and he surprised me at the computer at 10 p.m., waving, grinning, and saying, "HI, Mommy!" like he was the coolest thing since the snuggie.

My favorite, though, was yesterday's nap wake up, when he came marching out, arms outstretched, saying, "I awake! I had a good nap!"

He's a treat, that's for sure.
A few more of my favorite Milo moments this week:

We were reading a Bible-themed book with a picture of Mary and baby Jesus. He pointed to the scarf on Mary's head and said, "What's that, Mommy?" I explained to him that it was kind of like a hat, and he told me, "I not wear it. You not wear that. Moses wear it."

He marched around the house today telling me, "I a sweet little nugget. I a BIG nugget."

He told me, after a visit from Uncle Chad and Aunt Tree, "Mommy, I so happy to see them."

After Milo and I ran around the house to "his song," he proceeded to grab a play phone and have this conversation - "Hi, Nana! What you doing? Good. Oh, I just marching with Mommy."

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment