Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chalkboard table (thanks, Monica!)

If you know me, you know I love a good craft, and I've just recently started remembering to take before and after pictures.

I can't lie - I totally snagged this idea from my cousin Monica, who is a supermom for sure. I fell in love with the chalkboard table she made for her son Cason's room, and I've literally been thinking about it for a year. Enter this table, which perfectly met the criteria for what I had in mind. Already sanded down and ready for greatness.
Not sure what color this used to be...
I started by painting it turquoise, which I know is slightly overdone lately, but I've had my heart set on it for a while.
Gratuitous garage shot
Then I used chalkboard spraypaint, people (when I was young, we had to drag out the gallon and roll it ourselves...) on the top.
Again, garage shot - mower in the background
And then, since we're going to have this table in our living room, I decided to add some fancy touches, just for fun. I used the copper that also made the swirls on our bedroom wall to paint some of the table's details.
Copper details

Finally, Nate positioned it in just the right spot in the living room for when it's not being used.

I just realized that the towel we use to wipe our dogs made an appearance in my photography. How embarrassing.

It was impossible to get a shot without a blurry arm, as he was frantically coloring as soon as he could get his hands on the chalk.

Sweet, sweet little hands.
Milo is one happy customer, as evidenced by the tiny little handprints he left above. Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. That is so fabulous! Such a fantastic idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete