Friday, June 15, 2012

Blue Cushion Makeover

It's been Project Central around here lately! I've been covering chair cushions (for the first time ever), fixing up a table for Milo, and working on top-secret Father's Day stuff for the world's greatest daddy. Imagine how little time I've had for posting!

Here's a before and after picture of the cushion covers I did for Stacy and Dede's brand new house.

Very old, awkwardly blue, and strangely shiny. These needed a facelift for sure.

Fabulously striped (and hanging out on my old chair).
Anyway, this reinforces my idea that I can learn to do practically anything with the magic of YouTube (like crochet, cook a lasagna, learn to booty dance, etc.). I watched several videos and then just hit the living room with my cushions, tape measure, and handy-dandy staple gun. Now I have four newly covered cushions to deliver, and a nice big blister in the crook of my thumb, just for me... Yay.

1 comment:

  1. oh Kate: they look great. I know Stacy and Dede are going to love them....when are you going to deliver them...I'm sure I can find the time to go to Melissa..hehe..love you

    ReplyDelete