Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zoo Train Day

Today was THE day I've been waiting for. I've been plotting it for weeks, in fact, and have been disappointed on several days when I couldn't make it happen. But everything went my way today.
That's right - it was Zoo Train Day.
We took Milo for his first trip ever on it since he loves trains. I'll admit - he approached the whole experience with trepidation at first, which surprised me. Then again, Milo tends to prefer to appreciate things from a distance, so I should have expected a little hesitation. (He mooed and mooed at a little bull at Walmart that you pay fifty cents to let your kid ride, and as soon as I sat him on it, he cried.) We tried to get some cute little family photos while we were waiting to take off, but the look on his face says it all.
Concerned...

Unsure...

Perhaps a little nervous...

"Help me?"
 After we got started, though, Milo changed his mind. He thought the whole thing was pretty cool after all, and was so serious, taking it all in. At one point, we even rode over the lake with the alligators in it (which I find myself peering intently into every time I see it, wanting to see an alligator and terrified that I will at the same time), and Milo had to point and say, "Dat? Dat!"



In the end, I'm pretty sure the cute little Z&OO Railroad made a believer of Milo (although his rosy little cheeks attest to the fact that it's almost 100 degrees here today).


Just in case you didn't catch how Milo answered what the train says, I asked him again in the car...


So, all in all, a happy time was had by all (three of us) on Zoo Train Day. Here's to many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment