Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stripes and suicide rolls

Oh, how I love a decade look. During the summer, I usually turn into a 60's hippie in flowing dresses and long waves (but no bra-burning for me). I've been pinning 20's style hats and headbands on Pinterest and dreaming of flapper dresses. And Mom bought me a dress for my birthday that has me all in a hair-rolling 40's tizzy. I had to immediately fix myself up and get Nate to take a few pictures.

It's a good thing my husband humors my dress-up days. It's an even better thing that he thinks it's fun when I try out new styles, even if the first thing out of his mouth as he gazes at my hair is, "Well, what have we here?" And I admit, when he got home from work today, there was a whole lot of scariness going on - frizzy waves in all directions and a "suicide roll" that just wasn't quite right. Add to that the fact that I was dressed in an extra-large t-shirt and shorts, and you can see how the look just wasn't working out. Once I figured it all out, though, he was on board, encouraging me as he took pictures with sweet words like, "Oh no, baby, don't sit like that. You look like a man!"

It was dusk when we took these, so there were only a few to choose from, which is fine by me because I turn into a total doofus (lovely 90's vocabulary - just going with the "decades" theme) when I try to pose for anything. Case and point...


What am I doing? Praying these turn out well? At least you can see the super-cute dress here...
Here I'm modeling my hair for you...
And my lipstick...


And the other side of my hair...
And the whole package (strange angle on my nose that makes it look unnaturally large...). Dress from Blithe Boutique (a tiny slice of heaven in downtown Lufkin).
So there you have it, friends. New dress. New hairdo. New reason for you to understand why my blog consists more of pictures of Nate and Milo than of myself. But kudos to me for at least trying, right? So how about we forget that even happened and you can look at some pictures of Milo instead. And thanks again for the fabulous dress, Mom!

This little round chair is perfect for Milo since he loves pulling his legs up and curling into a tiny ball (remind you of anyone else you know?). And he adores this fedora, which is slightly too small, but oh-so-cute.

He always looks slightly indignant after I take several pictures in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment