Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Secret Hide-outs

I think one of the best things about being a kid was being able to hide just about anywhere, a luxury one loses as one ages (unless one is some sort of creepy serial criminal, and I have neither the time nor the patience to discuss this today). Grown-ups should be allowed a few secret forts and clubhouses, just for well-being. Days like today, when I'm fighting off a nasty cold and just plain weary, I wish I could hide away for a bit. Unfortunately, it's not as feasible once you reach a certain age and have a certain number of responsibilities, even if all you want to do is get away and take a nap.

Milo, on the other hand, is allowed to make as many forts as he wants. We made this simple one today out of a sheet and our dining room table, filled it with pillows and books, and it became so irresistible that even Bruiser had to sneak in (check him out in the background). Some of my best memories when I was little were in my secret (but not-so-secret) Kids-Only Clubhouse, and I know Milo is going to love making himself little nooks everywhere he goes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment