Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Little moments (and large amounts of cookie dough)

I've sat down to try to write on my blog no fewer than five times today, pulled up the window for a new post and just stared at the little white box (the new interface makes me want to scream, by the way...). Yes, I'm tired. And yes I've been a little disappointed by things lately - things completely out of my control. Bad decisions I've watched people make, chances of fate that have left me feeling like I'll be stuck in little old Lufkin forever, moments where I completely lack the patience I thought I was made solid of. And so here I sit, devouring cookie dough in the twenty minutes of quiet I get in the day and venting my frustrations to poor you. Thanks for listening, by the way.

But now I need to remind you (and myself) that I'm completely grateful for my beautiful little family. I'm thankful for friends who show up with Chinese food just in the moment you think you might lose your mind (Melissa, you are amazing). I'm blessed to have the luxury (it seems like a luxury most days...) of staying at home while my wonderful husband works his hot heinie off to support us. I am learning to be completely and totally in awe of life in general, especially in the moments when it's the most mundane. May I live a life where I soak up every second and live it to the fullest (whether it wants to be its fullest or not).

Now, of course, you're probably here to see Milo, not to hear me rant and rave (it's cool - I know how you roll). Here's the little man in his new Batman pjs. Every little boy needs to feel like a super hero, right?

Back detail is necessary, since the pjs have a cape.

So serious about these pjs, right?

2 comments:

  1. well this Mom thinks you are amazing...you are a wonderful mother to my adoreable grandson and the best of the best wife to my son.... life is full of disappointments but we work through them with the grace of a very loving God...and also remember God gives us the desire of our hearts when we follow after him with our whole hearts and I know you and Nate are doing that...so if you want to leave Lufkin at some time I believe you will (only you have to come up here closer to me) hehe ya'll go where you want. I love you dearly and so very proud to call you my daughter..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, you have no idea how much I needed to hear that. Thank you! Being a daughter to God, a wife to Nate, and a mommy to Milo are the most important things I can be doing. Any disappointments are just little blips, and I can definitely work through them. And I guess I could be stuck in a much worse place than Lufkin! :)

      Delete