Sunday, January 1, 2012

New beginnings

It's interesting how much things change the older you get. Maybe this hasn't happened to you... But I rang in the new year playing Dr. Mario in a Lufkin Panthers tee-shirt. Quite the change from the parties I've attended and the outfits I've worn over the years, but I felt right at home. Is it 30? Has it made me more self-assured? Or is it that my values have completely changed, and family is at the top of the list where it used to be a little lower?

I'll be honest, though. I'm sure you've noticed nothing but pictures again recently. It's because I've found myself with very little to say because I'm perpetually glum. My sister, who is also one of my best friends, and her family are moving to Colorado on Tuesday, and I haven't been able to talk about it without crying for a month. I mean, moving to Lufkin to live with them literally saved my life, and I can't imagine Milo growing up without them right up the road from us. Anyone interested in making vast sums of money keeping the Dants in Lufkin? I feel a little lost these days, and spending New Year's Day in tears doesn't really make for a promising start to a year.

Here's what's holding me together, though:
I came home from brunch today to find my two men watching Jungle Book, each in his own chair.

This chair was one of Milo's birthday gifts.

Milo and his Auntie Ann, enjoying the pop-up tent he got for his birthday (Thanks, Grandma Marilyn!).

He loves crawling through this little tunnel.
So 2012. Not sure what to think yet, because it's shaping up to be bittersweet already. We're only a day in, though. For now I'm going to kick back, watch a movie, and drink this caramel chai latte Nate just brought me (best husband on the planet). Hope your new year is looking cheery.

No comments:

Post a Comment