Monday, January 2, 2012

First taste of cake

As promised, here's a bit more of the action from Milo's first birthday party. Nate and I hadn't fed him sugar at all for the entire first year of his life, mostly because I tend to be pretty health-conscious, and partly because it makes for a much more exciting cake time on the big day. Needless to say, Milo only needed to think about that first taste for a moment before he helped himself to a great big mouthful. But he looked so serious! Maybe he was just pensively savoring the taste of homemade frosting, wondering if he'd ever get it again?


Mikey and Chad gave me such a hard time because I told Milo to "Get some!" Of course I meant cake, but they had quite a hearty laugh at my expense. Ahhhh, the joys of being on camera. I always manage to pick apart my loud laugh and my crazy hair when we watch the play-back. I need to start grabbing the camera and letting Nate get some time on film, although, I don't ever remember seeing my dad in any of our family videos. He was ever the cameraman, and I always loved hearing his voice while he was filming. I'm glad we still have those videos. It's funny how certain things can go fuzzy in your memory, but others always stay. I can remember the sound of my dad's voice in a heartbeat, and it's one of those precious things I hang on to when I'm missing him.

Anyway, look at me waxing all sentimental. I thought I might start crying less when I finally gave birth... Or when Milo was a few months old... Or when he got to be close to a year. The bad news is that I cry even more as time goes on. BUT, I haven't cried a bit over this cake video. In fact, I've laughed quite heartily. Hope you enjoy it just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment