Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just yesterday

He grows up heartbreakingly quickly.

Just yesterday he was barely rolling over.
Now he's half running, half walking across the living room.

Just yesterday I was bathing him in an inflatable rubber duckie tub.
Now he's a little fish in the big boy bathtub.

Just yesterday I lotioned his little bald head so the hair would grow.
Now he carries around the comb and helps with his hair (and mine, if I'll let him).

Just yesterday I read him books before he could even focus his eyes.
Now he sits down to look at the books on his own, reading out loud ("Na na, da, buh, night night") and pointing carefully at each illustration.

Just yesterday the dogs hovered right by his bassinet, wondering what they were in for.
Now he chases Bruiser and pats Bella (gently), keeping all three of them well entertained.

Just yesterday I couldn't imagine what his little voice might sound like.
Now I wake up excited to hear, "Mama" every morning.

Just yesterday I had no idea that I could love a tiny little man so much.
Now I know what it's like to fill more with love every second of every day.

1 comment:

  1. They sure do grow up fast. My sweet nephew will start college next year. How is it possible?

    ReplyDelete