Monday, January 16, 2012

I Made It!

I've been in a bit of a knitting frenzy, mostly because it keeps me busy and makes me think less about missing the Danty-pants. So I found this gorgeous knitting pattern for a honeycomb cowl on Pinterest, and decided to give it a try. It was my first time ever using the round knitting needles, and it threw me off at first. The cowl I made had a few twists in it, which looked great, but it was totally accidental.
This one, modeled by Ann, is going straight to Jen where it will be of good use (Colorado).
After I knit the green cowl, I decided I'd use some sequined yarn I found at Hobby Lobby and make something for myself. You and I both know I can't manage to keep anything I make, though. Ann loved the sequined cowl, so I sent it right on back to school with her! Not before I got a few photos, though, and cast on a new one that I may end up keeping...

Cowls... also good for hiding.

All in all, I've been pretty proud of myself. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd better get back to my knitting... and my Milo... and my Lily... Happy MLK Day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! And congrats on conquering knitting in the round! I GREATLY prefer them to the big sticks.

    ReplyDelete