Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stinker

Well, my babyson seems to be a bit of a stinker, and highly intelligent. I know, there's no way he could have inherited either of these traits from Nathan or me...

Yesterday I asked Nate to occupy Milo for a few minutes while I finished dinner. He, of course, was extremely excited to hang out with the little guy since he'd been at work all day. Almost immediately, though, I heard crying from the living room. It lasted a minute or two, and then Nate came walking into the kitchen with Milo, who was completely content.

"Is he okay?" I asked. "Yeah, he's fine now. I sat down in the recliner and he started fussing, but he was fine as soon as I got up."

So we chatted for a few minutes, and Nate headed back to the living room. Again, the sound of fussing.

"Nate? What's going on? Everything okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine. I just sat down in the recliner again and he started crying... Wait a minute! Every time I sit down in this recliner he starts to cry..."

And that's when we figured out that our babyson is a genius. Nate only sits down with him in the recliner when he's going to rock him to sleep. Milo put two and two together and realized this, and he was just busy telling Nate that he was not ready for bed. How many 9-week olds can pick up on things like that?

On a side note, Milo also seems to think that 5 a.m. is a good time for a mommy-baby chat. He woke up ready to smile and coo this morning, and had no intention of eating or going back to sleep. I'm pretty sure we rocked in the glider for over an hour before he finally dozed off, only to wake back up again at 7. WHEW. So my child is both intelligent and social. Is it possible that he's perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment