Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inexorable Gushing

I dropped Nate off for work this morning so Milo and I could have the car. We have a very important patient who needs some loving - my precious sister Sarah is on bed rest. The plan is to take her some books, cookies, and lots of love. I think we've got it handled.

All that aside, though, I was sitting at a four-way stop, looking at the sun shining through the trees, listening to my babyson coo in the back seat, and I had this startling revelation. I love my life. Oh my gosh, I love my life. When was the last time that I could truly say that? Not that I haven't loved portions of my life. I've been so satisfied in areas, but not in others. But at this very moment, I can tell you that every single thing is working together for my good. Wow!

I have spent my entire life with the notion that working would be the only thing to make me completely fulfilled. Imagine my nerves when I considered staying home instead. But I haven't been left with an unfillable void. Instead, being at home has given me the time to do two things I love: take care of Milo and take care of other people. I'm not too busy for everyone else, and I'm not so consumed with what I have to do that I can't think of anything but work. I can devour a book, plan an amazing dinner, work out with my friends, go for a run in the morning without worrying about the fact that I'll have to be up from then until at least 11 pm... I even have time for a nap every now and then. Now that's what I'm talking about.

And don't even get me started on my amazing husband. How many women have a man who will literally say, "You need to stay home. I want to provide for you. You just concern yourself with what God is telling you to do, and I'll take care of the rest." I'm seriously humbled to tears every time I think of this sensitive, caring, wonderful man and the way that he loves me.

I'm feeling ridiculously spoiled right now.  Have I mentioned that I love, love, love my life?

1 comment:

  1. I hope Sarah and baby are doing ok! Will definitely be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete