Thursday, September 2, 2010

At least we're in the downhill

Working a real job is cramping my style.
This summer I got used to sleeping until 10 every morning, and here I am, awake at 4 and up by 6.  I also got used to napping for at least an hour or two in the afternoon, and now I'm going non-stop from the time I get up until the time I get home from work and collapse on the couch like a zombie.  I even cooked dinner most nights during the summer, and now I'm nearly brought to tears when I think about having to do something else after I work, tutor, and make it home (last night Nate looked at me and said, "Baby, it's okay.  Let's just have Taco Bell for dinner" - it felt like a miracle). 

I wish I could think of something funny to tell you, but I'm just busy trying to wake myself up before our 2nd period fire drill today (I contemplated calling in to work over it).  Yesterday I was cranky and snippy in honor of Hump Day, and I'm already plotting over who could leave and get me a cherry coke later in the school day, because I can't leave - I didn't finish my copies or my grading yesterday afternoon.  AHHHHH!!!!

The good news?  I got some new maternity clothes from a friend, so now I have a pair of black maternity pants that actually stay up and am feeling almost cute today (if I could tame my disaster hair it would make life complete). 

But I'm still thinking, for the first time in my life, that a real job is cramping my style.  Pregnancy has made me more and more interested in becoming a professional bum.  Or a Jersey Housewife.  I think I could handle either one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment