Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Project Completed

It's the end of a long day of work.  I've listened to countless hours of student whining and tried frantically to stay on top of the lesson plans, materials, extracurricular activities, and information I'm responsible for all day long.  I should be using my last few minutes to do something productive - like run a million copies while there's no line at the copy machine.  But instead, I have to tell you my important and fabulous news.

Milo's room is looking amazing. My poor, sweet husband worked his butt off all weekend fixing the closet, painting, hanging shelves, and laying flooring, even taking a break for us to drive to Houston and back on Saturday on an Ann-retrieval mission (and an extra-yummy meal at Genghis Grill).  He worked tirelessly, and at times until the wee hours of the morning, all the while refusing to let me lift a finger to paint or do anything that would require me to exert myself.  This hot man earned himself some serious good-husband points. 

What did I do?  Well, I encouraged...  I watched...  I took photos to document the important chain of events...  I planned a meal list and went grocery shopping...  I organized the disaster that my closet threw up when we combined spaces...  I cleaned out the hall closet, and tried to make sense of everything that came out of Milo's room (formerly known as the office/junk room)...  I had a pregnant emotional breakdown when I thought things wouldn't be finished and later had to apologize...  Everyone involved had a grand time. 

And here is just a taste of what we accomplished.  Keep in mind, we're still waiting on decor, vintage planes, trains, and automobiles, but the framework of our little peanut's room is finished. 
Here's a shot of the gorgeous glider that my friend Marcy gave me - goes with the vintagey look we're going for in the room.

The room used to have pee and poo-smoothie stained carpet (remember our friend Berkley?) and ugly cream walls.  Now we have kid-friendly Grover-blue and vintage green.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! And I love the crib! If it makes you feel any better - neither one of the girls' rooms looked this great even a month before they were born! You guys have plenty of time! Enjoy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The floor and walls look wonderful, and I love the vintage theme! And I have to agree with Aimee, I was still having hormone-induced break downs a month before Blake was due because we weren't this ready either room-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Nate has been absolutely wonderful. I think he may be nesting a little more than me at this point, but I'm going to blame it on my puking. There's been little room in my brain for much else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! And before you know there is going to be an adorable little Milo in that crib :)

    ReplyDelete