Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Walk Across Texas

Okay, admittedly, since I've become pregnant, I've let myself get a little bit out of shape.  And I'm not trying to make excuses, but I have seriously been so sick that lying on the couch became a matter of survival!  But now that I'm feeling better most of the time, a change was inevitable.

Enter the Walk Across Texas campaign, which is designed to get people thinking about their health and well-being.  The lovely ladies next door in Content Mastery asked me to join their team and walk 5 days a week for the next 8 weeks.  How perfect, right?  Because I feel utterly responsible for helping the team, I will walk my little (big) heinie off!  And aside from that, in my mind I was convinced that I would be doing them a favor since I'm in such great condition. 

I didn't think it would be a big deal that I'd taken a few months off from exercise, considering the day after I found out I was pregnant, Jen and I ran 8 or 9 miles.  I've been in awesome shape for a long time, and the only thing stopping me from running a marathon pregnant was the overwhelming amount of throwing up I've been doing.  But what's a little rest here and there?  I assumed I could just pop back to full-force exercise without a second thought.

Well, last night, I almost pooped out during our 2.5 mile walk.  I was so out of breath and my legs were so jello-y that I felt like I was marching straight uphill, dragging a sled full of people behind me.  Not really the best start to my glorious plans of walking 4 or 5 miles every day to help out the team, right?  I actually may need this program to get my own self back in the swing of things.

So it turns out Walk Across Texas is not only for people who don't ever exercise.  It's also for cocky, large and in charge pregnant women who think they can conquer the world.  Or at least Texas...

No comments:

Post a Comment