Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Safety goggles and hairy dolls and cookies, oh my!

Well, I finally jumped on the bandwagon. I've seen so many people displaying their box of the month, bag of the month, cheese of the month, whatever that I couldn't help myself. I signed up for a "(insert cool item) of the month" club, and I started small with a beauty bag of the month that's $10. Have you heard of ipsy? Once I get a few bags under my belt, I'll give you a full review, but if you're interested in getting beauty samples every month, here you go. Click here for the link.

Now, let me tell you about my little people. I started tutoring this adorable boy on his way into high school. He's the kind of kid a teacher dreams of getting her hands on - he literally wants to do extra work and get ahead. I was thrilled to start working with him. We're doing our sessions from 3-5. Half of that time is during naps... 

The other half involved Milo peeking around the corner, wearing a baseball cap and safety goggles, waving for a full five minutes before said student noticed... 

Lucy Jane scowling at him, eating a cookie, and then transforming into a little attention hound who tickled him in the armpits with the hair of a tiny doll while he was reading with me (and, might I add, he either didn't notice or pretended not to, and I only noticed when she came up from behind him)... 

And sweet Milo sitting at the table tracing every single letter in an entire workbook so he could be just as studious as said student. 

And that was just our first session, so I'm sure we have plenty to look forward to! Here's to being a stay-at-home mommy trying to get something done. If you've ever been one, you know how (un)successful your attempts feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment