Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Girls with curls

It's no secret that I have the most amazing husband on the planet, who is also the world's best daddy. But sometimes things happen that make me fall in love with him all over again. Things like this.

"Kate, I need you to show me some things that I can do to Lucy's hair so I can start practicing."

"Well, Nate, her hair isn't quite long enough to really practice braiding or anything. What about her new doll Mayla?"

"Lucy, go get me Mayla. And give me that hairbrush, too."

So Nate and Lucy spent a good ten or fifteen minutes combing out Mayla's hair, starting from the bottom up. He re-pigtailed her hair. And then, just for good measure, he brushed Lucy's hair as well (he loves to brush her hair, and she loves to let him).

And then I thought about how blessed I am that I have a husband who genuinely cares about little things like an adoring daughter's wild curls and how he'll fix them over the years. (sigh) I adore him.




Look at Lucy's curls! Her hair is springier every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment