Friday, April 3, 2015

How many times can you say the word "vacuum" in one post?

Would it be considered animal cruelty if I vacuumed my dog? Just hear me out here...

My backyard is like a pollen factory. We have twenty plus trees, and I'm fairly confident that all the pollen in Lufkin is produced right here. And my dogs love to frolic in it. And poor Bruiser is like a Jerry Garcia-headed brillo pad, dragging in the pollen pods at all times of the day. My floor is covered in them and I'm vacuuming at least twice a day.

And all of a sudden I had a brilliant plan. If I just kept the vacuum by the back door and vacuumed Bruiser every time he came in, problem solved, right?

I know, I know. Not kind. Practical, but not kind. These are just the thoughts I have when I'm trying frantically to keep a clean house and two dogs and two little people have other plans. I read somewhere that in some cultures people clean their homes to the nines before Passover and then just leave and go on vacation. So the house is perfectly clean and no one is there to mess it up. It's a genius idea if you ask me.

Hope your weekend is pollen-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment