Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A sick day

My body is officially no good at being still. Want proof? Yesterday I woke up SICK. Like, I stumbled into the bathroom and scared Nate sick. So sick that Nate got special permission to work from home and take care of our still-recovering-from-being-sick little people (isn't he dreamy?) and let me sleep all day. I'm not joking. I slept all day long.

Problem? I slept so long that I literally hurt my back and my hips. That's how long and hard I slept. Now, I realize that part of the sore body was just being sick. But I could barely sleep last night because I was in so much pain. That's serious business, people.

And the way I know that my body was just fed up with being still is that I woke up this morning and got right to work (despite the fact that even breathing hurt). I swept off the back patio, watered and sprayed our little plants, stripped the bed sheets, and started laundry... And every second that I've been moving my back has felt better. Well, the movement mixed with the absolute bliss of IcyHot slathered all over my back. It's going to be a great and productive day. I just feel it.

And now on to things you actually care about, like adorable pictures of my little people.

#1 This face. Is it just me or is she WAY too young to be looking at me like that? #2 Perhaps you could tell that Lucy figured out how to put on Milo's undies while he was in the tub...

Note to self: Next time you give your children a piece of unleavened bread for a snack, don't try to stage a photo shoot. No matter how cute they are curled up in the corner together.

I'll give you one guess as to where DADDY is sitting...

For real, though. Have you ever seen such cute little people?

No comments:

Post a Comment