Monday, March 18, 2013

The good, the bad, and the fabulously sparkly

Things that I'm enjoying today:

1. Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish in Godiva. Really sparkly and textured nails that will apparently weather even working in the garden with no gloves. This is serious business, people. Pay no attention to my torn cuticles, horrible paint job, or the fact that it's nearly impossible for me to take a good close-up shot of my own fingers, okay?
 

 
2. Milo. Always Milo. Even though this poor baby has been teething like crazy on an upper molar for a week and has crying breakdowns every 20 minutes. He's still the sweetest boy I know.
 



 3. My window box of herbs - Oregano, Basil, and Cilantro. I can't wait for them to start growing so I can season the heck out of our foods. Now if I could only keep Milo and his little blue shovel out of this box...


Things I am not enjoying today:

1. Sheer exhaustion. It's a combination of a week of very little sleep with no sleep-in day and working extra hard in the garden all weekend. Amanda was about to physically restrain me from pulling any more vine roots (and her fabulous boys planted my potatoes and my tomato plants yesterday). I tried to explain to her that pioneer women had to do all their manual labor pregnant or not, and she reminded me that they had a much higher mortality rate.
 
2. Indigestion. Always indigestion. The only thing keeping me going is the thought that Lucy is going to have a downright luxurious head of hair.

That's all I've got. So the good news is that the positive outweighs the negative, which is not a bad way to start a week. Hope you're feeling the love today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment