Wednesday, March 27, 2013

More Remarkable Milo

Well, I told you I'd have to add things to my remarkable Milo post... Because I think of more things all the time.

-After I posted on Friday, we had a rough time. Milo wasn't napping, I was exhausted, and by the time it was all said and done, Milo had never gone to sleep and I was sitting in the recliner crying. I try not to cry in front of him because he's so sensitive and gets very concerned. This time was no exception. He kept patting me on the arm and saying, "Mommy, what's wrong? What's wrong, Mommy?"

I finally told him, "It's okay, baby, Mommy is just so tired."
He said, "Oh Mommy, you tired? Your tummy hurt?"
I thought about it and answered, "Well, yes, it does hurt a little bit."
He continued, "Poor Mommy. You want some crackers?"
Sweet sweet sweet boy.

-Milo is apparently also very concerned about my looking appropriate. Today I was tired and feeling lazy, so I put on a giant tunic the length of a lot of my pre-preggo dresses with a pair of dark brown leggings. Now, let me just say, I frequently mention that leggings are not pants and shouldn't be used as such, but in this case, I felt like it was more of a pair of tights under a dress (but let's just be honest -pregnancy isn't the time to start wearing leggings as pants). Milo didn't agree. He kept asking me, "Mommy, where your pants? You forgot something." And he was practically heartbroken when I went outside to water the garden, telling me, "Mommy, you not go outside! You have no pants!" Good thing Milo's got my back, right?

-Let me also mention that today Milo asked me to put on what he refers to as his song so we could run some laps around the living room. Any guesses on what his song is? Ummm, yeah. That would be "Toreador Song" from the opera Carmen. I don't even have to say it. Remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment