Friday, August 26, 2011

Sunshine

I'm a spoiled girl, that's for sure. I have to remind myself of that sometimes, especially lately while I have a lot of icky on my mind. But today I got to eat lunch with my Mom, sister Ann, Nate, and Milo at this amazing new tea room in Lufkin. Don't get me wrong - I love MarTeres. In fact, it's probably unhealthy how much I love it, including the almond tea that I never liked until I was pregnant with Milo (and then it became like a heavenly nectar). But every time I go there, I feel like a giant clomping around, stomping on the wooden floors and struggling not to knock everything down.

Milagros fixed that problem for me. The space is more wide open, the ceilings taller, the atmosphere more relaxed (Nate admitted that he gets a little panicky in MarTeres).  I have literally been three times this week, and I'm going to have to take some time off now... It's getting embarrassing - they recognize me because Milo is the cutest baby on the planet, and no one forgets him (okay, so I'm exaggerating a tad...). Plus Nate and I definitely can't afford to single-handedly keep a tea room in business. But seriously, you absolutely need to try Milagros if you haven't been there. I'm going to shamelessly plug it because this is my blog and I can do what I want. They have this grilled cheese panini with smoked gouda, muenster, tomato, and fresh basil that I wake up thinking about. That's just me loving food, though.

And now that I've said my piece, let me show you one of my favorite sights. Nate has this amazing fuzzy robe that Milo absolutely melts into. Any time Nate goes to pick him up for his nap in this robe, he wraps Milo inside, and the two will just sit and cuddle for the longest time. It's like sunshine to my heart.
Both a little sleepy and a lot content.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Mine will be full of Sarah's "Daddy's Little Texan" baby shower. Should be fun, and very picture-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment