Monday, August 8, 2011

Nate told me this picture made me look like I have no hands...


Ta-da! It's all the magic of the camera, folks.

Half up, half down hair. It apparently makes me feel pretty smug from this photo.
Some day I'll find myself a signature pose.

Delaney gave me the coolest gift for my birthday - it's called a magic wrap (here seen as my skirt). Using a very simple diagram, I should be able to morph this piece of fabric into all kinds of shirts, skirts, dresses, head wraps, possibly backpacks or hammocks... So far all I've mastered is the skirt, but by golly, I love it!

Until recently, I have made a point not to tuck in my shirts. Like, ever. Somehow it made me feel entirely too grown up, pulled together, etc., and at one point in my life, all of these seemed like bad things. Plus I've always considered my middle section as being more little boy than anything else (minus the nursing melons...), and haven't wanted to draw attention to it.

Well, I guess "it's a new season, it's a new day..." (that was for you, Jen). I am tucking like a champ, wearing my magic wrap, and feeling downright ladylike. Happy Monday!

1 comment: