Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Hall of Shame

Well, kids, I did it. It is so ridiculously hot, so horribly humid outside, and I was feeling so blech today that I just gave up and went about my business completely naked.

Okay, that's not entirely true. In fact, not at all. Naked would have been a drastic improvement to what actually happened. I wasn't lying - I did give up. But when I did, I put on possibly the worst outfit I've ever worn in public. Giant t-shirt, denim shorts, hat covering my little hairy puffs... At least I was being socially conscious and providing shoes for some poor little South American child by wearing my Toms. Oh my, I can't even explain. Let me just show you one of the scariest things you've ever seen, and yes, I did wear this outfit to Wal-Mart. If you see me on any of those "look at this hideous person in Wal-Mart" websites, please write them a friendly email and explain to them that it was just one of those days.

Nate said I looked exactly like a little boy here.

So here's my most ridiculous girly pose.

Now that you've been forced to witness that atrocity, will you forgive me if I show you this? Milo got a new hat, which is completely, 100% inappropriate for summer. I can't say no to $1.97, though. I've never been able to.


Milo is also becoming the world's best-eating baby. Here he is, enjoying the delicious farmer's market fresh green beans I made for him as his new food of the week. So far we're up to rice cereal, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, and now green beans.


So my poor friend the Consolidated Communications workman had a dickens of a time trying to fix our internet (as previously mentioned, never working since the day it was connected). He was in and out of my house for at least 3 hours today, and just when he'd given up (and I was simultaneously praying, "Father, what on earth did I do to get my internet privileges revoked?"), he came in to say, "I don't know what I did, but it's fixed." Thus the post chronicling my hideous outfit and my adorable baby. Hope you enjoyed it, and tomorrow I'm hoping to be back to some semblance of normalcy (and appropriate dressing).

No comments:

Post a Comment