Monday, July 30, 2012

Walmart and awesome aren't usually used in the same sentence together in my world...

Brace yourselves, because you're about to hear me say something that I'll more than likely never say again. Ready?
The most awesome thing happened at Walmart today.

A while ago Nate and I saw a movie where Loretta Devine sniped, "Look at you. You are just wearing that hat, aren't you," to a woman who needed to be put in her place. I have literally dreamed about hearing someone say that in real life ever since.

Well, it happened today, and in more of a good way. Milo and I were checking out at Walmart, and the woman at the registered was obviously tickled with Milo, who was, indeed, wearing a little khaki hat. She smiled at him, leaned over the counter, and said, "Well you are just wearing that hat, aren't you, little guy?"

I nearly fainted. I beamed. I became best friends with the Walmart cashier. Yes, Milo was indeed wearing that hat. And I was having the best morning of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment