Monday, July 9, 2012

DIY Tank Monday


Aha! Look what I've done! Oh yes, I've been crafting again, and this time with jersey knit fabric. I've honestly never sewn with it, so this was an adventure... The kind of adventure where you cut one shape out of a fabric, hold it up, and it's an entirely different shape than what you started with. Fun times. But I got the hang of it, and yesterday whipped out a long gray maxi skirt and this little half striped, half gray tank. The ruffle detail is covering a crazy looking seam, but isn't that what embelishments are for? Oh wait, they're just for cuteness? Right. That's what I meant.

Anyway, the beauty of making your own pieces is that you can make them as long, wide, racerbacked, whatever as you want to. So I did all of those things, and I'll have to take pictures of the skirt as well (I've already got an order from a friend for one of her own). What on earth did we do before Pinterest and YouTube showed us all these things to keep us busy?

If you're in the mood for some crafting, here's the link to the tank tutorial, and when I get some pictures of the skirt, I'll share as well. The pictures might be more impressive if I hadn't taken them myself in the mirror, but you just get what you get, okay? Happy Monday, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment