Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kate's Meatloaf

You know what's weird about me? Well, among many things? I'm a vegetarian who doesn't mind cooking meat for other people. I've been told my meatloaf is pretty fabulous. I've actually just adapted a recipe that started out of the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook, but changed over time based on what Nate liked and didn't like about it. So, want to know how I do it? Here you go.


Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup chopped onion (or more, depending on the day…)
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef or turkey

Glaze:
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
Add ground beef and mix well. Pat mixture into a loaf and bake meat loaf for 75 minutes.
Mix together ingredients for glaze, pour over the top of cooked meatloaf, and bake 10 more minutes.
Voila! Yummy meatloaf (or so I’m told – I’ve never tried it).

1 comment:

  1. Nate probably (hopefully) likes it because it is alot like I fixed when he was growing up...the mustard I never put, but sounds like it would be really delicious, and the glaze a little different...over all sounds yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete