Friday, April 20, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

There aren't a lot of days that I just want to pat myself on the back and talk about what a good job I've done. But oh boy, today's the day. I ran into a recipe for cinnamon rolls on Pinterest and thought, "Hmmmm, those look good, but the amount of time spent on them couldn't be worth it."

Fast forward to yesterday, when I got a great idea to make a birthday breakfast for Sarah (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SIS! YOU'RE ALMOST 30!!!!!) and remembered those rolls. Special occasions call for special meals, right? So I did it. I made cinnamon rolls that look like a photo shoot and taste pretty good, too. Lucky for all of us, I was thoughtful enough to document it.

Pre-frosting rolls (just as yummy without).

With delicious frosting.
Pat pat. Oh, excuse me. Just patting myself on the back again. When you're a stay-at-home mom with a teething baby, you have to commend yourself as often as humanly possible, or you're liable to spend some time rocking and crying in the corner by yourself.

You know, I was thinking the other day how much I love food, which is funny to say since I spent some time in my 20's not eating. For a while, I was positive that it was my newfound wisdom that came when I turned 30, and then I looked around and saw the number of 30-somethings who are still caught up in the "my weight is my measure of life success" ratrace. It's sad! I guess I've realized that I need to take good care of my body (which I definitely do), but I also need to enjoy my body while I can. So today I missed my run. Not for lack of trying - just a stumbling drunk/high/crazy man at the end of my street and a lost key that made its way into my underwear. All that is for another post... And what I'm trying to say is that I still ate a cinnamon roll and didn't think for a second about punishing myself to work it off. 30 is good. Revelation is even better.

And if you need the cinnamon roll recipe, click here. It's worth the work.
Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! Is that the recipe from Pinterst that I pinned too? I might have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it totally is! You should definitely give it a try. They were impressively good...

    ReplyDelete