Thursday, October 27, 2011

Treasure

Okay,  time to make up for yesterday's whining...

Because even though Milo has been having a hard time with sleep, he's such a wonderful little guy.
For example, the other day I decided to let him share a taste of my pumpkin scone (we've been introducing little bits of table food). Well, he loved that pumpkin scone so much that he was literally climbing up me to get to it, desperate for another bite. In fact, he tried to reach into my mouth at one point to get the bite I had just put in there. I loved having someone to enjoy a scone with me because Nate doesn't care for them.

And then there was this morning. I was sitting in Milo's room breastfeeding him a few minutes before 7 because he had woken up crying. I knew he needed to go back to sleep, and I actually thought he was nodding off. Nate stopped by the room to wave at me on his way to work, and I signed I love you and waved a little. I looked down and Milo was still nursing, eyes closed, waving back at me.

He shared my breakfast oatmeal this morning, too, after he had already eaten all of his baby oatmeal. And as I sit here and type, he is taking everything out of the computer cabinet underneath me, waving each piece of paper and software disc with delight. Which makes me think I should probably wrap this up pretty quickly...

Being a mommy is always a treasure, whether we've slept or not. Remind me that every now and then, okay?
Milo wore a moustache for 3.5 seconds at Conner's spy birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment