Saturday, October 15, 2011

Want to be Barbie?


Ever thought about what it might be like to have a Barbie figure? O Magazine did a spread where Barbie's proportions were drawn onto an average-sized woman, showing everything that would have to be cut away or altered on her to give her that body type. WOW. Kind of makes you wonder why you would try to be "perfect" if it meant losing at least half of yourself, right?

Ugh. I think about one of the darkest times in my life, where I starved my normally athletic, 5'7", 125-130 pound frame down to about 90 pounds, thinking that I would be more gorgeous, more desirable, more in control of things if I could just maintain that tiny frame... And all I was was miserable, exhausted, and permanently cranky. It wasn't worth it, and it still isn't worth it to give up happiness for a measly 5 or 10 pounds.

We are all more beautiful in our imperfections. Stop worrying about your appearance and just err on the side of being you. I guarantee it will look better on you than any diet, any figure-flattering outfit, any amount of plastic surgery ever could.

If you want to check out the full article, go here (the corresponding article is actually pretty good).

1 comment: