Friday, January 7, 2011

More Milo

I know I've mentioned before that Milo was somewhat of a miracle before he ever entered the world.  He's even more of one than I ever could have known.

When Milo was born, he wasn't breathing.  It was a rough delivery, and he was literally stuck, not coming out.  He was face up, and my doctor had to turn him.  They finally had to use the little vacuum to give him that extra pull to come out.  And then he wasn't breathing.  It was, in fact, the most terrifying moment of my life.  There was my beautiful boy, but he was limp, and gray, and there was no cry... 

The doctor quickly cut the umbilical cord and handed him off to several nurses, who then pushed a magical red button, and a small army immmediately rushed in to surround him.  They were compressing his little chest.  They used the bag of oxygen.  And after the longest few minutes of my life, I heard a tiny cry.  Only then did I realize that I was weeping.  I looked at Nate and he began to cry as well.  Our tiny little babyson was all right.  In fact, once he started crying, he began screaming, and then decided that he would be as alert as possible and check out any and everyone who came through the room.  Not only did he start breathing, but after every check-up from every doctor and nurse, they gave the same diagnosis.  "He's perfect." 

Thank you, Lord, my little babyson is more than fine, he's perfect.  And after an hour and a half of doctors and nurses sewing me back together, I got to hold and kiss and feed my perfect little gift.  He is truly a miracle.

Milo and I spend a lot of time lying on the couch together... since I can't sit down!

Sage brought a new toy for Milo, and he didn't seem to know what to think.  Good to know he's mastered the stank-eye already.

Thinking brilliant thoughts...

One of my favorite sights - Milo with his proud daddy.  I think he's giving him a hug here, which is appropriate, because his sleeper says, "I love HUGS" on the front.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Kate! I am so happy that Milo is here safe and sound. He sure knows how to make an entrance, ehhh? :) I bet he will always be good at that. Hope you are getting lots of reast and basking in the glory of being a new mommy. It's God's greatest gift, FOR SHO!

    ReplyDelete