Friday, January 7, 2011

Mommy Lessons Part 1

So I've officially been a mommy for 9 days now.  And in those 9 days, I've learned quite a bit already.

Number one, Mommy's shower always comes last.  Unless Mommy sneaks out of bed before the crack of dawn and showers in the dark, and let's just be honest - when you've only had 3 hours of sleep, your priorities tend to change a bit.

Number two, I will do anything, absolutely anything, to make sure my babyson is okay.  Take, for example, the first two days of breastfeeding, when I was positive that poor Milo was starving and I was calling everyone I could think of in tears.  I remember thinking, "I will show anyone my boobs if they will just make them work right!" (Don't get excited - the offer is now off the table and Milo is eating like a champ.)

Number three, I am married to the perfect daddy.  There's something incredibly sexy about a man who is absolutely smitten with his baby.  And there's something even sexier about a man who volunteers to change a poopy diaper.  Remember how I mentioned in number one that your priorities tend to change a bit?

Number four, I am a sucker.  Now, this definitely needs to change, because I understand that babies cry.  And sometimes they even have to cry themselves to sleep.  But poor Milo had such a rough entrance to the world, and there's a circumcision on the way, so I feel like I have to shelter him from just a bit of trauma right now and hold him as much as possible...  I wonder if he knows yet what a sucker I am?

And finally, number five, I no longer care when and where I fall asleep, as long as Milo's safe and happy.  Heck, I don't even care that I sleep with my mouth wide open, and Nate took a picture and sent it to our friends and family.  Because honestly, Milo sleeps exactly the same way, so there's another way he takes after me and I love it. 

MOST UNFLATTERING PICTURE EVER!!!

So there are my simple mommy lessons.  I can't wait for the many more that are to follow, especially when they turn out to be a little more practical.  I have some SuperMoms around me to live up to!

1 comment:

  1. Hold that baby as much as you want! You won't spoil him, yet! If it makes you feel better, tell yourself you're holding him a little for me, k?

    ReplyDelete