Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meltdown #1

Well, I had my first mommy meltdown yesterday.
I woke up from one of the most terrible dreams I've ever had.  And it involved someone hurting my babyson, and I was feeling like a pretty bad mommy.  I was so upset that I called Nate at work, in hysterical tears, not even quite sure how to deal with the dream.  He had to call me right back, so I stood in the dining room weeping.

Right then, the doorbell rang.  I wiped away tears, took a big breath, and opened the door.  This is what I saw:
The picture doesn't do justice to what are literally some of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen, and they came with a card telling me what a good mommy I am.  Nate had sent them a few hours earlier, and they had come at the perfect time.  I have the most incredible husband in the world, who is doubling as the world's best daddy, and I couldn't be luckier.

I proceeded to finish with the meltdown, settle myself down, and go on with a good day.  Somehow I kept getting flashbacks of that horrible dream, but every time I walked into the dining room, the scent of these gorgeous flowers managed to put a smile back onto my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment