Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Baby Shower

What an amazing winter baby shower I had!  Sunday we had a diaper and gift card shower at Tree's house, and I got absolutely spoiled with gifts and love.  We played such fun games, like guessing how many baby items were in a bottle-shaped container (27, by the way - an amazing amount of things to fit in there, and Amanda guessed it exactly on the dot!), and the infamous clothespin game that Janet absolutely kicked butt in.  Plus we had the trivia game that I posted the other day, which was beyond hilarious (answers coming at the end of the week.

And then there was the gorgeous diaper cake that Emily made, which truly looks like a work of art.  I can't even begin to imagine pulling this apart to use for the diapers, even though everyone assures me that I will when I see the cost of diapers and the number that Milo goes through...


 And then there was the food, which is vitally important to a pregnant woman, and especially to a preggo who loves snacks.  There was fruit with fruit dip (blue, by the way, which made it even more delightful to eat), cheese and crackers (Lily and I ate so much I wasn't sure she'd ever poo again... Sorry, Sar!), tons of gorgeous cookies...  I wish I had thought to take a picture of the little "critter cookies" that Tree made, but by the time I thought of it, I had already eaten all the leftovers she sent home with me!  But I did take a picture of the gorgeous snowflake cookies that Nicole made.  I think she's the closest to Martha Stewart I'll ever meet...


And Monica came to take maternity pictures of me the morning of the shower, and here's a little preview... The girls had it printed out as part of the decorations.  I love the way it turned out, especially because I actually look just a little bit maternal.  Monica is awesome, so let me know if you need a good photographer!  Nate, of course, looks every bit of the extra-proud daddy that he is already.  Anyway, this is a picture of a picture, but you get the idea, right?


All in all, I have been so incredibly spoiled with 4 showers for this babyson of mine - Nate's work shower, my awesome work shower, our GIANT shower, and then this perfect cap to everything.  WOW, everyone.  Milo is so loved already, and you haven't even made sure he's cute yet!  I'm ready for him to be here...  After maybe one or two more loads of laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment