Monday, December 13, 2010

The beginning of the end

Well, this weekend Nate and I went to a lovely Catholic wedding.  I had never been to one before, and I will say, I thought the amount of standing up and sitting down might help Milo come a little early.  But, alas, he is firmly in place, and seems to be quite content exactly where he is.

However, he did have one bone to pick with the ceremony.  There was a soloist who was, ahem... struggling, shall we say, throughout the wedding.  And she loved to try to hit some high notes.  And every time she did, Milo would take his little foot and jam it up into my ribs as hard as possible, as if to say, "Mommy, get me OUT OF HERE!"  Imagine trying not to laugh, or wince, and then being prodded by your babyson on top of it.  I got quite a workout without leaving the church pew!  And it's good to know that Milo already has a bit of an ear for music.  I'm hoping he loves it even half as much as Nate and I do.

Anyway, this is my last week of work.  I'm ecstatic and a little nostalgic at the same time.  I would have been just plain ecstatic had I not found some Christmas cards from some of my former students in my mailbox this morning.  They all talked about how I was the sweetest, most wonderful teacher they've ever had (I guess they wouldn't have written me if they thought otherwise, right?), and I nearly broke into tears right then and there.  Teaching teenagers - it's a dual world, where one second they're driving you crazy, and the next you want to hug every kid you see. 

All in all, I like my job today - noun clause diagramming and all.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment