Wednesday, December 22, 2010

After much anticipation... nothing

Yesterday?  Not a great day...  Not that I didn't have a blast eating lunch at the tea room with my friends, or Christmas shopping with Ann and Jen, or playing Bananagrams and watching Salt at the Danty-pants home.  It's just that yesterday Milo was due, and there's nothing quite like waking up on the due date still pregnant, and going to bed exactly the same.  As a person who appreciates promptness, I naturally assumed my babyson would love the same, but it seems my little bun is still cooking in this oven.

I vow to be more patient today, and to stop being so anxious.  I plan to enjoy the time I have with Nate and my family where I can still be the center of attention (because after this adorable child comes, I'll always be second fiddle).  I will go see another movie in the theater, just because I can.  Heck, I'll even spend another day appreciating the fact that absolutely nothing depends on my breasts.

On a side note, I just spent some time folding tons of tiny little socks, smaller than my palm, and I can't quite imagine having a person tiny enough to wear those socks in my arms.  He will definitely be worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand! I kept waiting and waiting, and even when I knew when I'd be induced, it still felt like an eternity before Kenzie finally got here. But here's the fun part, when you are out and about, and people ask "When are you due?" you can watch their faces when you say "Yesterday." or "Two days ago." And they are amazed that you are still out walking around and doing stuff and looking GREAT! He'll be here soon - you won't be pregnant for ever!

    ReplyDelete