Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Milo's first day of kindergarten!

This morning Milo was waiting for me when I got out of the shower a little before 8:00. He was dressed and ready to go, and had informed me that he had already gone potty and straightened his room. What was he so excited about?

The first day of school. Why yes, we did start kindergarten today (sniffle). Because I am the boss of homeschool, I decided that we would start the day after Labor Day, as the good Lord intended it and exactly how I remember from when I was in school. I've been gearing myself up and I slept barely a wink last night because I was so nervous and excited. But enough about me. I wasn't starting kindergarten today. This guy was!


We are blasting into learning with a little unit I designed (am designing...) using space, which Milo is super interested in these days. Space math. Space letters. The moon and outer space. It's a work in progress and it's going to be fun.

And I see I'm going to have to include Lucy, because she's not content to play while we're working. She, in fact, insisted that she "likes to play with pencils, too," and ended up with crayons and a princess coloring book. Thank goodness I had planned for us to make moon dust so that she could get messy as well (I followed the recipe in the link but dumped in some corn meal and flour to make the salt mixture increase).

All up in the moon dust, thanks to Lucy's "vigorous digging."

Poor Lucy is a little sick today. Can you tell in her tired eyes?


Lavender-scented blue-tinted moon dust

1 comment:

  1. It cannot be. It simply cannot be that Milo is starting kindergarten. I think I fell into a time warp. :)

    ReplyDelete