Kate’s Pumpkin Bread
3 cups sugar (I like 2 cups white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 15-oz can pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two loaf pans (9x5x3).
2. In an extra-large bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. In another large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and 2/3 cup water to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Add pumpkin and beat until just combined.
5. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes.