Monday, June 8, 2015

Fun and mostly free summer activities

What to do, what to do? We spend most of our time at home (obviously), so sometimes the days tend to stretch on endlessly. I love my job as a stay-at-home mommy, but sometimes I run out of inspiration. I know we don't live in a big city with endless opportunities for entertainment, but we at least have a few things going on around here.

#1 - The Splash Pad. Milo loves it. He runs around screaming and splashing in every available water spout and then wipes his face on my shirt (right around bootie-level) to get the water out of his eyes. Lucy is touch and go. Maybe it's because she's a girl, but I never know what to expect of her. The last time she went, an older boy tried to hold her hand and asked if he could dump a bucket of water on her. She was done. She spent the rest of the time holding me or my mom. At least it made for some cute photos?




#2 - Hopscotch. I drew a simple grid in the driveway and these little people have been hopscotching it up. Too bad I don't have a video of either of them saying "hopscotch." I guess that will be free fun for another day.


#3 - Blueberry picking. While it's not free, it's really close to it, and it makes for a complimentary snack as you go. We went to Grimes Blueberry Farm today, and these little people had a blast. Milo only ate 3 blueberries because he was so busy filling his bucket. Lucy ate every blueberry she could get her hands on and ended up squatting under a blueberry bush to poo. To each his own, right? And note: no adults may wear sleeveless shirts while picking, so don't go thinking you're going to get some sun. You will be forced to wear a men's short-sleeved button-up dress shirt. But they will be nice enough to loan you one...







Anyway, there are the three things I have pictures of. I'll keep you updated as the summer rolls on, because there's all kinds of fun to be had before I start homeschooling this little man some kindergarten. Oh my word. That's a discussion for another day.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment