Thursday, June 4, 2015

A well-made bed

I make my bed every morning. I read somewhere that people who make their beds have a more productive day, and whether it's true or not, it stuck with me. Plus my mom always made me do it, and I 100% appreciate the lesson (thanks, Mamacita!). Milo sometimes watches me and helps put the pillows on, and the other day, as I was making his bed, I happened to mention that when he was a little older he would be able to make his own bed.

Yesterday he came running in first thing in the morning. "Mommy, come quick! You've got to see what I did!" As I walked into his room my heart warmed. He had lovingly straightened up his entire bed and was so proud of himself. We hadn't talked about it. He must have woken up planning what he was going to do. I seriously have the sweetest little man alive. 

This morning his tummy hurt and I walked into his room to grab his blanket so he could snuggle up on the couch. Guess what? He had already made his bed again, even though he wasn't feeling his best. I can't even find the words to explain how much that makes me want to cry because he is just so precious. And even though that bed isn't done the way I would do it, I will never say a word because that job comes from all the love in his giant heart.

Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment