Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The King of New York (or Lufkin, at least)

I haven't been able to stop singing Newsies songs since I've been back from Houston. Milo asked me this morning what was so great about Newsies that I kept singing the songs... So I decided to show him a clip from the show, a song called "King of New York." Needless to say, he is now a believer and spent the morning dancing around the house and singing the one line he knew, "Look at me, I'm the king of New York," over and over and over. 100% worth it to listen to that for several hours on end.

He was really offended that Lucy wouldn't play newsies with him, and I finally suggested that we go outside for a puddle-splashing walk. Milo was skeptical until I told him we could all wear newsie hats and go for a newsie walk, and then he got it into his head that the only thing he could possibly do this morning that would make him happy was to dance and sing in the street like a newsie. Done. Anything to stop the squabbling we were having around here (Seriously - it's like I'm raising two little rabble-rousers all of a sudden. Is it the weather?). I got a few shots of him in action. He was a happy little dancing man.


Tap dancing, in case you were wondering.

And an amazing 80s jump for the finale!
Milo had a fantastic time on our walk. Lucy turned into the poky little puppy and crept along until I let her splash through the puddles on the side of the road and we rescued a drowning worm. Then she was ready for action, albeit serious-faced action.


Then I, of course, made these people pose together.


And made Milo look like a vintage newsie...


Anyway, the good news is that, while it feels like a Monday, it is indeed Tuesday, so we've got a leg up on the week. Here's to a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment