Monday, May 6, 2013

Baby shower!

I have so much to tell you, maybe because it's the middle of the night? I always get a little chatty when I can't sleep, and tonight is no exception. But I think I might be all worked up because I had the most amazing baby shower ever today. Well, besides my baby showers with Milo, which were also the most amazing baby showers ever. I'm telling you, if this keeps up, I'm going to get a little too spoiled and then I can't be responsible for my own actions (just kidding).

If you know me, you know that a few words of affirmation are all I really need. A few of us could have gotten together with a pizza and some sodas and just hung out for a little while and I would have been as pleased as anything. Instead, so many people that I love got together for an amazing "I Love Lucy"-themed shower, complete with my adorable hostesses dressing straight out of the 50's. They were polka-dotty and fabulous, and the entire house was decorated in black, white, and red. They made me a spread of (all vegetarian) food, and everyone showered Lucy with gifts. I am still buzzing from the excitement and the fun and all the people who love me and love Lucy already, even though she isn't even here yet. WOW. She'll be here in 6 1/2 weeks (give or take a bit, and I'm hoping she's early...), and everything is so surreal. My heart is so very full tonight that all I can do is spend my insomnia on heartfelt thank-you cards.

I wish I had thought to take my camera, but pictures will be coming. Until then, I just have to show you what Milo thinks about it all (well, about everything these days). Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment