Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy birthday, Ann!




With all my complaining about the weather, I forgot to mention something significantly more important. Today is my baby sister Ann's 23rd birthday. I still remember the day she was born... I waited at the open window of my 3rd story bedroom, singing songs from The Little Mermaid and simultaneously hoping for a healthy baby brother (who would actually turn out to be a sister) and that I would be discovered as the newest young singing sensation. Even though technically neither of those wishes came true, I'm the most spoiled girl alive to have three (not just two) fabulous sisters that I also consider my best friends. Ann, I'm delighted that you were a girl, that we can share clothes, and that you are such a wonderful success at everything you touch. (I'm also delighted that I had a good reason to make blue champagne cupcakes.) I love you. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I just got around to catching up on your blog and I was delighted about the story of you singing songs from The Little Mermaid on the day of my birth :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete